Michael W. Phillips
MICHAEL PHILLIPS, CPA, CFF, ABV is a Partner at Floyd Advisory. He has considerable experience advising executive management and counsel regarding a wide range of accounting and finance issues.
Mr. Phillips has assisted counsel with numerous internal accounting investigations, SEC investigations, white collar defense matters, valuation engagements, bankruptcy examiner investigations and other forensic accounting assignments. Mr. Phillips has provided assistance to executive management and counsel in various business dispute matters, including damages analyses and purchase price disputes, has led large financial reporting restatement projects and has provided financial due diligence services on target business acquisitions. He has also provided testimony as an expert witness.
Prior to joining Floyd Advisory, Mr. Phillips was a Senior Director in the Disputes and Investigations Group with Alvarez & Marsal. He also held a leadership role in the finance department for a global software division of a Fortune 100 company. Additionally, he was part of the financial consulting practice of Huron Consulting Group and also worked in the audit and disputes consulting practices of a “Big Five” public accounting firm.
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, University of Massachusetts at Amherst
- Certified Public Accountant, Massachusetts
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) by the AICPA
- AICPA Accreditation in Business Valuation (ABV)
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants