SERENA CHEN, CPA is a Manager at Floyd Advisory. Ms. Chen has a wide range of experience in accounting and tax topics that include financial statement audits, GAAP vs. IFRS reporting, revenue recognition, purchase price allocation, recognition and measurement of tax positions (ASC 740), uncertain tax positions, federal and state and local tax filings, deferred tax assets/liabilities, mark-to-market securities, and tax basis balance sheet analysis. Ms. Chen has experience in various industries including financial services, real estate, manufacturing, retail, technology, law firms, biotechnology, and advertising.
Prior to joining Floyd Advisory, Ms. Chen worked at TD Bank where she specialized in tax reporting, compliance, and planning. She also has three years of public accounting experience at PwC, where she concentrated on tax compliance, tax provision, and tax consulting engagements. She had previously worked at the New York City Department of Finance as a corporate tax auditor where she conducted field audits.
Ms. Chen holds a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Finance from Lehigh University. She is a Certified Public Accountant and has passed the Certified Fraud Examiner exam.
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Finance, Lehigh University
- Certified Public Accountant, New York
- Member of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Member of American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants